Thursday, October 1, 2009

bitty twin fashion show



















So the stuff I ordered in Chicago arrived today (including most of Emelia's present). I knew I overdid it when I was at the store, but when it came and I spent more than an hour dressing them, it really got me. And I still have more items I'm watching on ebay (the kitty and puppy, blue overalls/purple jumper, and the outfits with the orange vest are retired items I got off ebay). But they're all so cute. I love them.
In related news, email from American Girl said they are retiring Kirsten. Glad I swiped her up while I had the chance. I hope she comes back in my lifetime with more stuff. Like back in the day, they said they were "retiring" Felicity from the catalog by making her strictly available online, but then she came back in the new purple dress and had a movie and a friend and more stuff. Maybe that will happen again with Kirsten, and maybe Samantha. But Samantha already has a movie and a friend and was one of the most popular dolls, so who knows. I wonder what will happen. As soon as Samantha retired, Rebecca came out and she's from a close time period. Is this a hint for the next doll?
So with my bitty twin purchases I have basically everything available, so hopefully my wallet can take an American Girl break. But what else do I have to spend my money on anyway? Interestingly, the Chicago transaction hasn't cleared my bank account yet. But if that and my rent check clear before payday (tomorrow) I'm in trouble.

1 comment: