Tuesday, September 22, 2009
My next adventure
So I'm taking off for Chicago tomorrow. I tell people that I'm going to Chicago for just a day, and I get some strange looks. So tonight I booked my next big adventure...I'm going to the Olympics! I bought the last ticket to the Men's Free Skate (It wouldn't let me buy two, and now it's showing Event Unavailable). I'm going to try to get another ticket later, but I'm not sure I'll be able to pull it off. So I might be on my own again. The ticket was $200 (much better than the $2000 I was considering earlier). Getting the ticket was the easy part. Now I have to figure out how to get there. Correction. I have to figure out how to get home. It's an evening event. It's only $55 for a one-way on Amtrak. But there's nothing late enough the day of the event. And there are no hotels available on Travelocity. There are no flights either. Checked Greyhound too. Not sure what I'll do. It's really too bad that my great-grandma died four years ago, because she lived in Vancouver. I think I have some obscure relatives there still, maybe one of them will put me up. I'll figure something out. Have a nice day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment